Lab Analysis Overview
The purpose of the Lab Analysis system is to be able to capture test results of various types to determine the destiny of a received load.
Lab Analysis records are currently used for the following:
Receiving: to determine if a load can be received and processed.
Treat-ability: to determine what, if any, treatments can be done to the load.
Screening: How as the treatment effected the load and does it need more treatment?
Discharge: does the material meet qualifications to be discharged?
This incarnation of the Lab Analysis system was created out of the call for various needs:
- Staff be able to manage Analysis testing backing.
- Each facilities own unique testing needs.
- Consolidated template management.
- Consolidated Analysis collection.
Accessing the Lab Analysis File:
If the local facility processing file is open, it can be found by going to the “Window” menu, and “Show window>Lab Analysis”.
Creating a Limit Set:
- Enter a unique Name for the Limit Set. This name will be visible for anyone selecting this Limit Set from the Receiving layout.
- Select the checkbox next to the Facility to make it available for that facility.
- Select the Usage category for the new Lab Analysis Limit Set.
- Select the Materials in which the Lab Analysis Limit Set is meant to test for.
For each Lab Analysis Limit Set Item added, you can control:
- The Unit of Measure of the item.
- The Ceiling value or the highest value allowed on this test item.
- The Floor value or the lowest value allowed on this test item.
- Category of item or how it is grouped in the list.
- Sort of item or where it falls in the sort order of items.
- Whether the item is a pass/fail item.
- Descriptor Value List: Color ( Water ) is an example. In the Value List popover, you can specify a pre-determine list of values to be chosen from to be a description of the tested item.
With these steps completed, the new Lab Analysis Limit Set is now available to the specified facilities for the specified Usage and Material.
Using the Limit Set:
Now, go to your facilities processing file and navigate to the Receiving screen.
Navigate to the Lab Analysis located in the blue bar across the middle of the screen.
Click the + button above the portal on the left and you should see the “New Analysis” popover.
Select Phase: This is purely informational and has no baring on which Lab Analysis Limit Sets will be available.
Select Usage: This information is a predicate to determining which Lab Analysis Limit Sets will be available. For this example, make sure to choose the Usage specified on the new Lab Analysis Limit Set.
Select Material: This information is a predicate to determining which Lab Analysis Limit Sets will be available. For this example, make sure to choose the Usage specified on the new Lab Analysis Limit Set.
Select Limit Set: Based on the Facility, Usage and Material chosen, the Limit Set menu will contain a list of Lab Analysis Limit Sets that meet the 3 point criteria.
New Analysis: Once a Limit Set has been chosen, you can now create a new Lab Analysis record, tied to this receiving record, based on the Limit Set record chosen.
Once you click this button, your new Lab Analysis will appear selected in the portal on the left, and the corresponding Lab Analysis Items appear in the portal on right.